A Declaration of Independence
From the Current Healthcare Systems and Old Medical Economy
A Declaration of the People who can no longer accept the current systems.
When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for The People to dissolve the bands, affiliations, contracts, deductibles, and premiums that have connected – and bound – them to a Health Care Systems, or System, which includes the Old Medical Economy, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all humans are created with the equal opportunity to pursue the life they can image, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Right, that among these are Life, Liberty, the pursuit of Happiness, which includes real health and care.
To support these rights and pursuits, Health Care Systems are instituted among Men and Women, deriving their just powers from the consent of those under the care of those systems, – That whenever any form of Health Care System becomes destructive of these ends, it is both the Right and Responsibility of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Health Care Systems, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety, Happiness, and Health.
Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Health Care Systems long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly, all experience has shown, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Health Care Systems, and to provide new Guards for their future security, health, and care.
Such has been the patient sufferance of the People; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Health Care Systems. The history of the present American Health Care System is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny of these People. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.
- Preventable Medical Errors, as this is the 3rd leading cause of death in America
- Poor amendable mortality rates
- Avoidable harm to patients
- A general lack of transparency
- Difficulty in finding a health professional that is able to truly provide what patients need and want
- Difficulty in providing an atmosphere and environment where health professionals can actually offer patients what they need and want
- Trillions of dollars wasted, every year
- Unnecessary high costs of care
- The concept that “coverage” equals care. It does not.
- Standing in between the Patient-Health Professional relationship that requires the Health Professional to get “prior authorization” before allowing treatment
- The continued and worsening physician and nursing shortage
- System inefficiencies and unneeded bureaucracies
- Too many medical procedures, as research shows that as much as 90% of procedures done are medically unnecessary, which leads to unnecessary higher costs
- Governmental control. In general, this has caused the systems to be worsened. Specifically, Government control over the number of physicians to be trained and pay for each year.
- Poor patient outcomes
- Too many unnecessary diagnostics and treatments
- Perverse and Improper incentives
- Overwhelming health professional burnout
- Unnecessary and Overwhelming debt, and its corresponding burden on both the System and individuals
- Declining salaries and payments for Health Professionals
- The high and annually increasing turnover rate of health professionals
- Poor organizational structures and designs
- Unwarranted stress on both the System and health professionals
- Too little time for patient appointments and interactions
- The Degradation of the health professional – patient relationship
- Ineffective use and implementation of technology
In every stage of these Oppressions, we have Petitioned for Redress in the most humble Terms: Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated injury. And yet, the System overwhelmingly gives us more of the same.
We must, therefore, acquiesce in the Necessity which denounces our Separation, and hold them, as we hold the rest of Mankind, Enemies in War, in Peace, Friends.
We do not declare war on our friends, neighbors, or family members who are part of these Health Care Systems, for it is the System – and what the System does, or does not do, to and for us – that we rage against and declare war on. We declare War on the Old Medical Economy and vow to raise a powerful and New Health Economy, where the focus is on helping the whole person heal himself or herself while seeking health. Real Health. And Real Care. The words “health” and “care” are separated on purpose as the Old Healthcare System provided neither health nor care, only coverage. As such, we also look to encourage and raise a New Medical Economy, that understands and takes care of the medical needs of us. But only if and when Medical care is needed or warranted.
We, therefore, the representatives of the New Health Economy, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the World for the Rectitude of our Intentions, do, in the Name, and by the Authority of the good People wanting to offer real health and care along with those needing real health and care, solemnly Publish and Declare, That we are, and of Right out to be, Free and Independent to choose how our health and care are managed; that we are absolved from all Allegiance to the Old Medical Economy and Health Care Systems, and that all Connection between us and the Old Medical Economy and Health Care Systems, is and ought to be totally dissolved; and that as Free and Independent people in New Health Economic Systems. We have full Power to build our own Systems, establish Commerce by and between Members of the New Health Economy, and to do all other Acts and Things which free-thinking individuals may of right do. And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor.